Class Act is a photocopiable collection of 12 short plays aimed at young learners of English, aged 7-11. The plays cover a variety of topics and genres, including traditional and modern tales, comedy and fantasy. The plays offer an age-appropriate and fun way for young children to practise useful language in English through enjoyable and motivating storylines.
The plays are graded in order of difficulty to suit a range of levels. The plays involve listening, speaking, watching and plenty of movement and are suitable for mixed-abilities and different learning styles.
While boosting pupils ‘ linguistic skills, the plays also build their confidence, by providing the opportunity to practise a number of skills such as listening, reading, expressive reading/speaking, memorising through listening and repetition, and writing.
Each of the 12 plays in Class Act is accompanied by:
- an audio version on CD
- advice provided in the introduction
- individual notes with specific details of key vocabulary, functions and grammar covered
- ideas for preparatory work and step-by-step suggestions for work on the play plus suggestions for related cross-curricular activities and extension work
- details of costumes, props, sets and sound effects, if needed
- a photocopiable script
- three photocopiable worksheets (a scene setting picture, a listening activity and an activity to help pupils learn their lines).